Reducing paper waste in the office is an ongoing challenge. Even with paper-saving measures in place, the average U.S. office worker still goes through 10,000 sheets of paper annually, and nearly half of that is discarded by day’s end.
Waste Not, Want Not
Businesses everywhere know the benefits of reducing paper consumption. Even so, our efforts still far short of where they could be. Read on for some simple steps your business can take to reduce paper usage and costs.
1. Encourage mindful printing.
Let your employees know about your efforts to reduce paper waste. Pop-ups and other reminders can help employees reconsider whether a document should be printed at all. The latest multifunction printers also include technologies to track printing, and these numbers alone can help employees rethink their decision to print.
2. Minimize access to desktop printers.
Desktop inkjet printers have a way of easing themselves into your business, and before you know it, your workspace is cluttered with single-function desktop printers. Unfortunately, this easy access to printing isn’t helping your efforts to reduce paper consumption. And in other news, the ink for desktop printers is rated as one of the most expensive liquids in the world.
3. Try Managed Print Services.
There’s never been a better time to look into Managed Print Services, and saving paper is just one of the many benefits. Here are a few more:
- Optimized devices — Whether you’re plagued by downtime or printers that don’t meet your requirements, MPS experts can solve the problem.
- Automated supply ordering — On-time delivery of supplies means no more dealing with administrative headaches, cost overages, or toner pirates.
- More time for your objectives — MPS experts will take care of your printers so you can get back to taking care of your business.
Ready to learn more ways to reduce paper consumption? Contact us at CHQS today!